Running days on the Society’s raised level track (2½”, 3½” and 5” gauges), ground level track (5” and 7¼” gauges) and garden railway (32mm gauge) are held throughout the year, usually monthly in the winter and twice-monthly in the summer. Hours of running depend on factors such as the weather but there is usually some activity between 11am and 3pm.
On most occasions, light refreshments are on sale in the club house, though this is not guaranteed. Further essential information about running procedures, and technical details for each track, are provided in the visitors section.
Running days are currently scheduled as follows;
- Family Running Day June 25, 2017
- Running Day/Visit by the 2.1/2” Scale Group July 30, 2017
- Family Running Day August 6, 2017
- Diesel/Electric/Steam running day September 3, 2017
- Family Running Day September 17, 2017
- Family Running Day October 1, 2017
- Family Running Day October 22, 2017
- Running day & Firework Steaming and Supper Meeting November 4, 2017
- Family Running Day November 20, 2017
- Family Running Day December 3, 2017
- Family Running Day & Father Christmas (dress up!) December 17, 2017